To check TDS return status, enter the following details in the Check TDS return status tools:
1. TAN (Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number)
2. PRN (Provisional Receipt Number) or Acknowledgement number
Where to get PRN to check TDS return status?
PRN or provisional receipt number is a unique 15-digit number issued while filing the TDS/TCS return statement. It is also known as a token number, you can know the same by downloading provisional receipt of the filed TDS/TCS return from the income tax website.
You need the PRN Number to check the TDS / TCS return status.
How to check the revised TDS / TCS return status?
You can check the status of your Revised TDS/ TCS return using your TAN and PRN number received after successfully filing the revised TDS/TCS return or statement on using income tax or TIN-FC website.
How to check the TDS / TCS Statement status of return filed on the Income Tax website?
To check the TDS / TCS statement status for return filed on Income Tax Website, you need your TAN and PRN number of the return or revised TDS/TCS statement that you filed on income tax website.
Can I check the TDS / TCS Statement status of return filed using TIN-FC?
To check the TDS / TCS statement status for return filed on Income Tax Website, you need your TAN and PRN number of the return or the revised TDS/TCS statement that you filed on TIN-FC.
Is TDS / TCS Return status and Statement status same?
Yes, Every quarter deductor/payer needs to file TDS/TCS return with the Income Tax Department. TDS return includes Form 24Q, Form 26Q and Form 27Q. TCS return includes Form 27EQ. TDS/TCS Return is also known as TDS/TCS Statement. Once TDS/TCS statement is filed, Payer/Deductor can know the status using the check TDS return status tool.
How long does it take to reflect the TDS/TCS return status?
Once your return gets processed you check the TDS/TCS return status using your TAN and PRN Number. It usually takes 2-5 working days to get the e-filed TDS/TCS statement processed.
What are the different types of TDS/TCS Return Statuses?
There are nearly 6 different types of TDS/TCS return statuses. Check out what they mean below:
1. Received by TIN:Statement is received at TIN and sent for further processing at TDS CPC of Income Tax Department.
2. Rejected by TIN:Statement is received and the same is rejected at TIN(Name and Address as per Statement which got rejected at TIN central system is given as per TAN masters database of Income Tax Department).
3. Under process at NSDL:Statement is under process at NSDL.
4. Status available at CPC:Statement has been sent to CPC-TDS of Income Tax Department for further processing.
5. Accepted at CPC:Statement is accepted at TDS CPC of Income Tax Department.
6. Rejected at CPC:Statement is rejected at TDS CPC of Income Tax Department.