Know Your ITR Form

Find out which ITR you should file?

For individuals and businesses to determine which ITR to file based on the income situation.


  • Assessee Type
  • Assesment Year
  • All Income Sources
  • Situations Applicable


  • ITR Form to be filed (ITR 1 - ITR 7)

Select an Assessee Type

Choose the Assesment Year

Select Your Income Sources

Select Situations Applicable to You

Almost there

Receive news letter, updates & notifications for Income Tax,
GST, TDS & ROC Compliances curated by Team Quicko.

You should file

Need help with your tax return?

No more paperwork. No more visits to CA.


Which documents are to be attached with ITR Form?

No documents are to be attached with ITR Forms. However, these supporting documents (like proof of investment, TDS certificates, salary slips, bank statements etc.) should be retained by the taxpayers for any future reference.

Can I file ITR-1 if I have multiple Form-16?

Yes. If you have changed jobs during the year, then it is possible to have salary from multiple employers. In this situation, you need to add taxable salary from all the employers and provide the total taxable salary in ITR-1. You can also add multiple salary TDS details in ITR-1.

Which ITR to file in case of Agricultural income?

Agricultural income is exempt from tax and you can file same in all ITRs. However, in case the Agricultural income exceeds Rs. 5000 then you can not file ITR-1 and ITR-4 (Sugam).

Which is the simplest ITR Form?

ITR-1 (SAHAJ) and ITR-4 (SUGAM) are the simplest ITR forms of all. ITR-1 can be filed by salaried individuals having income from one house property and income from other sources. ITR-4 (Sugam) can be filed by Individuals, HUF and Firms (other than LLP) having income from presumptive business/profession.

Can HUF file ITR-1 (SAHAJ)?

ITR-1 is only for Individual taxpayers. An HUF can file ITR-2A (discontinued from AY 2017-18), ITR-2, ITR-3, ITR-4 (Sugam) or ITR-4S (discontinued from AY 2017-18) depending upon the types of income earned by the HUF. For example if HUF has earned Income from House Property and Income from Other Sources, then ITR-2A can be filed.

Which ITR to file in case of loss?

If you have incurred loss then you can either set off the same with current year positive income or carry forward to be set off in future. Individuals can carry forward the losses by filing ITR-2A (discontinued from AY 2017-18), ITR-2, ITR-3. You can not file ITR-1 and ITR-4 (Sugam) in case you want to carry forward losses.